Wednesday, December 06, 2006

One of my closest and dearest friends met with an accident yesterday.I got the news through a guy who I barely know and the moments passed before I could speak to my friend finally, were moments that I think I shall remember for a very long time. What was most frustrating was that I could not even be with my friend , for I am on vacation at home. It's surprising, how a few moments of uncertainty bring home the fact of how important and how priceless some people are to your very existence. As we rush through our lives at this breakneck speed, and forget to appreciate most of life's marvels, we also forget to express our gratitude for the most precious people in our lives .These moments of dreaded uncertainty, when we feel we are close to losing someone we truly love are probably God's own way of bringing us back to reality, and of giving us a chance to thank him for bringing these people into our lives.
I ,in the 21 years I've spent on this planet (ooh am I old!!!) have faced quite a lot of ups and downs (a lot of downs recently!), and I know that if it hadn't been for this close close group of my angelic friends,I might not have survived this the way i did. I dedicate the moments I spent praying for the safety of my dear friend to all these beautiful people in my life, who make my sunsets and sunrises all the more meaningful, and who by their very presence bless my life in ways untold.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oooooo .. That was really a heavy senti one ... ofcourse it was really gud ..as it always will b from u.
waise let me tell u one thing that u cannot physically be with sumone all the time but u r always there the other way .. u know ...
cheers.

7:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..
felt as if u wer talkin..
simply superb..

8:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well written... lucky friend indeed

2:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well written... lucky friend indeed

2:26 AM

 
Blogger garima said...

thanku!!

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Disha said...

i thot ill bring it to ur notice, not dat u donno, but all of ur 'gems', im sure cant help but reciprocate the same feelings u convey here.bear no guilt on any such accounts dear.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Chaitali said...

Didi u rock! I love reading whatever you write..Anyways since now I have made my own..read mine too!!!

7:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home