Saturday, October 28, 2006

hmmph..its the end of vacations...the short n sweet diwali break comes to an end. This is 3:27 a.m. I have a train to catch at 6 a.m. and I have a familiar kind of an uneasiness in my tummy-which never lets me sleep on the night before my departure!And since I had nothing better to do,I rememberd the blog I had started over a month ago...wid the promise of blogging regularly and so here I am-writing God knows what! I am kind of telling myself that now that I am a third yr student-goin into my final year in the space of a few months I shuold be able to handle my departures from home better! But of course , when has the mind been able to dictate terms to the heart?Stupid it is, but yet I'm again a little nostalgic.
As I recall the girl who left this place for college 3 years back , and compare her with the 'me' of today I barely see any resemblances! That's kind of good and kind of bad-bad because I kind of liked the girl I've left behind and good because I know that now I'm better equipped to face this world,which is beautiful at some times but mercilessly evil at others. Though I do miss, at times, the kind of faith I used to have in things like love and in the general righteousness and sense of justice of people in general,I realize this is in a way an awakening, a rude one though. Its like the breaking of a cocoon as you walk out into the glaring light.Suddenly, what you thought was the universe,your cocoon has shattered and you are exposed to a world whose existence was beyond your knowledge...
Ok...weird kindof philosophy when I re-read wat I have written but I told you I'm kind of nostalgic and nostalgia does funny things to you!And though i have second thoughts about this,I think I'll publish it anyway!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

i was perhaps the first one to read your blog- read it when u had just created it... i checked ur blog today again after a long time and found two new posts..... this and the other one.

well i guess i know exactly what you are trying to convey in this particular post...i know that the world ain't as smooth and easy but it ain't that harsh either... well you have misunderstood some people... trust me you have ... i mean sure there were some tough times but don't change yourself for that ...

11:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you say this:

"Though I do miss, at times, the kind of faith I used to have in things like love and in the general righteousness and sense of justice of people in general,I realize this is in a way an awakening, a rude one though."

i just wanna say the world ain't that bad , it ain't. The people whom you loved are still there - the same
though they may have acted foolish and rude with you at times but they are still there and are the same....

11:33 AM

 
Blogger garima said...

hey...it sure wasnt meant dat way..
life's experiences change you..and dats wat they call growing up,i guess!!

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Disha said...

yea, i gues dats y de say maturin out is a tedious proces.gives me d chils to tink de call it a QUARTER-life-crisis, like the other three-fourths eagerly waitin out there to pounce on u n gobble u down.i guess d best way is to not try n fix d restless mind,just go and do d best wherever it takes u.well,one might say its "running away" from facing it,but honestly,im yet to find a better way out to get out of these emotional doldrums dat rudely yank at ur heart-strings

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Disha said...

PS: i kno its kinda gettin monotonous, but i cant help mentioning dis again, you write beautifully!!:D

10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home